Monday, March 31, 2014

Beware The Ends of March

I am on the eve of my official start to writing Brats In Hell. It's rather anticlimactic seeing as I've already started writing. Still, I figure now is as good a time as any for an update.

I have the Prologue and Chapter One done. I've just finished up the first half of Chapter Two. I'm just shy of 7000 words. In some ways I feel accomplished: two and a half chapters down already. In other ways I'm not yet impressed with myself: my current word count is right about where most of my short stories finish up. I think when I hit 10k I will feel like I've broken through to a new level. That word count will represent the single longest piece I've written to date and it will start to feel more like I'm writing a book at that point.

Early on in this project, I'm surprised how far off from the original outline I am already. The original outline did not call for a prologue. Not only do I have one but it is the second one I wrote, the first attempt felt stale, the second feels way better as a opener to grab your attention. I am still glad I did an outline. I need a map. It has a lot of great notes on direction, characters and world details. I don't think the words would be flowing so easily nor would I be able to sit down in front of the keys so confidently day after day without the outline to guide me through this story. I remain a fan.

Your story reveal this time is a longer form description of the story:
Satan rules the Nine Circles of Hell with an iron fist and the best damned bratwurst this side of the River Styx. That is until the Bratwurst King of Wisconsin, Otto Van Der Noodle, is cast into the Pit of Hell. Now Hell's Kitchen isn't the only game in town.
When the demons of Hell get a taste Otto's award winning brats, Satan's minions begin to pick sides. Satan feels the firm grasp of his reign in Hell begin to slip. The stage is set for the ultimate battle for Hell.
Will the humble Bratwurst King from Milwaukee wrest the throne of Hell from Lucifer or will Satan crush the only challenge to his reign over Hell?  Take the demonic journey in BRATS IN HELL to find out whose brats will be a cut above the rest.

FJE

No comments:

Post a Comment