Tuesday, January 26, 2021

3 Picks with Tim Meyer

 


This week, 3 Picks features the horror author Tim Meyer. Tim is known for his gripping horror books like The Switch House and Limbs. He recently release Wormwood with fellow author Chad Lutzke and new release from Grindhouse Press (releases Feb. 5th, 2021) Paradise Club.

I'm Frank J. Edler, author of various horror comedies and voracious reader. Who didn't grow up in the 90s and not read R.L. Stein's Goosebumps series of YA Horror. There's a good chance Tim Meyer may have grew up to become a world-class romance writer had it not been for classic Goosebumps books. No doubt, Tim is still influenced by those books so I asked Tim what his 3 Picks are for adult horror with Goosebumps appeal.

Here's his 3 Picks:

Pick 1: Dream Woods by Patrick Lacey - I think I called this "a Goosebumps book on blue meth" (or something like that) when it first came out. It's about a sinister amusement park. That's all I'll say except go read it. Paired with: One Day at HorrorLand or Horror at Camp Jellyjam

Pick 2: The Worm and His Kings by Hailey Piper - Read this a few months ago and was blown away. It has a much grittier feel than anything R.L. Stine ever wrote, but wow...what a story. More adjacent to vintage Barker, but this one will definitely satisfy fans of those creature-feature Goosebumps tales. Also for fans of taloned monsters. Paired with: The Beast from the East and Calling All Creeps! 

Pick 3: The Handyman by Bentley Little - I feel Bentley Little's entire bibliography is a natural progression for any old-school Goosebumps fan, but this is one of those stories that took me by surprise. For fans of the more Twilight Zone-type Goosebumps titles. Paired with: Let's Get Invisible! and Piano Lessons Can Be Murder

Those are some great Picks Tim! Lots of people are talking about the Lacey and Piper books and Bentley Little is, well, Bentley Little. I haven't read any of these titles and I will be adding them to my enormous TBR pile.

You can find out more about Tim Meyer at: https://timmeyerwrites.com    

What are your picks for adult Goosebumps style horror books? How about your favorite classic Goosebumps title? Let us know in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. I've read all of the Bentley Little books but need to add the other 2 to my TBR

    ReplyDelete